Customer brief: To heat a long, narrow space effectively.
The heating solution for this office in Southend
The owner of the office space in Southend was looking for a heating solution that kept employees at a suitable temperature all year round. The office was long and narrow with timber beams.
• 4 x 2.4 kW Herschel Pulsar heaters were recommended
• A ceiling-mounted solution is ideal providing adequate spread horizontally to ensure no gaps in the heating of the desk space underneath
• A wall-mounted solution would have needed more heaters to provide adequate heat.
- All wall space left available for filing cabinets
- A wall-mounted solution would have been less energy efficient in this area as the window is opposite
- Infrared helps eliminate damp & condensation in a room with timber beams and timber itself is a great radiating surface.